Author Topic: Reopening thoughts  (Read 443 times)

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
Reopening thoughts
« on: July 15, 2020, 10:04:46 PM »
Hi I hope everyone is doing ok

Yesterday a  couple of people asked me about reopening the club.  Any reopening arrangements will need to be discussed by the Commitee and possibly EBW, but I was interested to hear more  of members thoughts and opinions on reopening the club.

I'd appreciate if you could briefly post below, whether you would be comfortable coming back to club, with reasonable  precautions  in place (Sanitiser, Social distancing, Masks?, limits on numbers).

Or you would prefer to wait a few more weeks or months.

Also if you had any ideas, or suggestions about safety measures, that would be interesting as well.

Everybody is in different circumstances, and its a personal choice either way.

Thanks

Ian

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Reopening thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 05:18:27 AM »
My thoughts
Limit max number of people in room, all games pre booked. No walk in to say hello etc?  (Allows control of room and tables to be set out in safe way before hand )
Use and handle your own dice models tape etc, no use dice box
No touching others models etc
No cash, only bank payment, unless absolutely nesscary
Don't wonder around to much stick to your game/group.
Hand sanitiser on entry etc
Face masks???? Maybe for small games like necromunda and underworld because players are closer together
"Inside voices"
No tuck shop?
Don't go if your ill.

You could designate a Room Controller who people have to inform the night before of their game. This person can then plan and set out the room. and control numbers. If your not booked in with them no game. They also ensure social distancing hand washing etc..

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 06:16:59 AM »
Good suggestions above.
Masks maybe required to get more people in?
No gloves (evidence shows they are counter-productive)
HAAC - Hobby At All Costs

Cookie Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 01:43:45 PM »
Presume it depends on ebw ultimately?

redgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 02:25:30 PM »
As a "multi-purpose community facility" the document at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-multi-purpose-community-facilities/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-multi-purpose-community-facilities?fbclid=IwAR25_Givy2x_vpTPS3nEwsm7ty6dyx-zJOZzNEt2AHBZQZVYWe5mUataSDk#permitted-activities-in-multi-use-community-facilities-signposting-to-relevant-guidance is the most relevant.

Users of community facilities should limit their social interactions to 2 households (including support bubbles) in any location

This to me makes it seem like our group would be potentially too large.
It seems there is a exemption if the place is considered "covid safe", although I doubt the EBW will have gone to the lengths this requires.

At the moment we are paying the EBW nothing so have no outgoings, but even if we did it outside (which can be p to 6 households apparently.) we wouldn't be able to break even with fees at the current price.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 02:27:54 PM by redgore »

Cookie Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »
Hopefully September will be clearer

Cookie Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »
We should meet for a few beers though!

DocB

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 04:32:50 PM »
Presume it depends on ebw ultimately?

Basically, as Martin has explained perfectly, Yes.

We should meet for a few beers though!

I know we've already talked about this, but I'm up for this!
Grymkin 0/0/0 - Maggotkin 3/0/2 
M3E
Jack Daw 0/1/0 - Leviticus 2/0/0
<Super Secret 40K tech>
0/0/0

Mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 04:54:38 PM »
I’ve actually been on a group at work for sorting risk assessments for our community spaces. It relies a lot on the venue regularly disinfecting the premises if it’s a multi use facility. Which I doubt EBW will be doing.

Attendees would also need to book attendance and the organiser would need to take all personal contact details and be a point of contact for supplying information if an attendee became ill with COVID.

I also doubt given the size of the room we would be able socially distance enough while still getting enough people to pay for the room.

What I do think we should do is reassess the situation at the start of every month in line with guidance.

I personally wouldn’t be comfortable attending yet. The risk is still to high for my liking.

Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
What Mart said.

EBW would have to risk assess and commit to some ongoing covid measures for the foreseeable. Doubt it's in their interest as would be a ball ache and a potential liability.

Poop.

Beers though?

Skeletor

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 09:33:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I hope everyone is keeping safe and well in these times. 

Secondly, in short, I can't wait to get back to gaming, rolling some dice and seeing my mates.  The question is how we go about this in the "new normal". 

I think Ian and James' suggestions are spot on - i'd still be happy to accept cash for subs, if everyone's still ok using cash.  I'd suggest that folks just leave the cash on the table and bring the exact change if possible - saves having to stand around sorting out change.  I'll wear gloves to handle cash.  Failing that online subs payments are fine. I can pm the club's bank details to people for this.

I think we need to find out:

1. are the EBW open for their other groups?  Or are they closed to all groups for the moment pending changes to government guidance?  If they are not open yet (pending changes to government guidance) then I guess the decision is made for us, and I suspect the ebw will be taking their cue from Shropshire Council on reopening.  In that situation I think all we can do is review the position each month and see what the position is with the EBW and government advice.
2. will the EBW consider lowering their prices to reflect the smaller attendances at all groups using the building as a result of social distancing measures so groups can at least break even?
3. could we pay the EBW monthly in advance rather than quarterly?  With things as they are I would not want to part with a quarter's rent up front in case we had to close at short notice - e.g. second wave. 

As Martin says, we don't have any outgoings at the moment and the clubs funds are sat in the bank for when we can get going again.  The insurance is due at the end of September and will be approx £78.00,  assuming the price hasn't altered (up or down) as a result of the pandemic.

Hopefully we can get back to wargaming asap, with new precautions in place for the post covid-19 world.

I'm skeletor!

Skeletor

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »
Beers would be good - we don't have to risk assess for that ;)
I'm skeletor!

Skeletor

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 07:01:29 AM »
Hi everyone,

Any further thoughts re reopening? I get the impression that from 1st August the guidance might allow us to reopen.
I'm skeletor!

Cookie Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 06:48:37 AM »
I don’t think it’ll be august mate on the basis there is no cleaning between groups between sessions.

I think September is a possible (depending on guidance update in the meantime).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk