Author Topic: Dark uprising!  (Read 2764 times)

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
HAAC - Hobby At All Costs

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dark uprising!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 09:33:27 AM »
Beat me to it. Xmas list check!

Skeletor

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 10:39:03 AM »
Same here - looks great. Will start saving my pennies for a copy.
I'm skeletor!

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 05:55:02 PM »
Its looks good, although I'm expecting a high price point compared to the core set. I think there's a hard back book coming as well?

I'm struggling to judge if it has the same size tiles, and the size of the space/terrain generally.

Mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 06:38:06 PM »
Its looks good, although I'm expecting a high price point compared to the core set. I think there's a hard back book coming as well?

I'm struggling to judge if it has the same size tiles, and the size of the space/terrain generally.

I’m pretty sure it’s replacing the core set. It says updated rule book, counters and such...

But I think you’re right, I can see it being more expensive than the last one, given GW have been ramping up prices on the last few box sets they’ve produced.

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 10:10:49 PM »

I’m pretty sure it’s replacing the core set. It says updated rule book, counters and such...

I missed that completely, a set that has the current core rules is overdue.

It  looks like there will be more models included as well, and new sprues for the enforcers? I'm sure the gang box didn't have shields.

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 04:44:34 AM »
No it doesn't, I wonder if it will be a lite  version as the new way to play?

Skeletor

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 05:57:43 AM »

I hope it doesn't as I (like everyone else) have brought the hardback in addition to the core set, and thought that would be it for a good few years. I dont know why they could not have just delayed releasing the core set a bit and release it with the hardback book (or content of that book) included with the game. I'd have been ok with paying a little more if it meant not needing to buy two books.

All that aside dark uprising looks cool and I hope it's just a "lite" version too.
I'm skeletor!

Mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 07:26:47 AM »

“The box is bursting with amazing models, including modular Zone Mortalis terrain, two complete gangs – the twisted Corpse Grinder Cult and indomitable Palanite Enforcers – plus a rulebook, cards, dice and rulers.”

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 09:39:17 AM »
I hope this comes in under £120 RRP but I doubt it. I almost bought enforcers, so glad I didn't. As now I want everything in the box

Will this make the "book of judgement" obsolete?

I really wish GW would move Necromunda to a digital ruleset, where I can see all rules available and purchase as DLC or subscription. This obsession with multiple books of is so annoying! 

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 10:21:52 AM »
Its not a new Rulebook.

Its another supplement "book of ruin"

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 03:49:20 PM »
Its not a new Rulebook.

Its another supplement "book of ruin"
[/quote

probably comes with core rules or quick play booklet?

Maybe it will be like Phoenix I.e box set with everything you need to play, plus a separate book

I hope this comes in under £120 RRP but I doubt it. I almost bought enforcers, so glad I didn't. As now I want everything in the box

Will this make the "book of judgement" obsolete?

I really wish GW would move Necromunda to a digital ruleset, where I can see all rules available and purchase as DLC or subscription. This obsession with multiple books of is so annoying! 

ditto, too many rules in too many books. I like having the books on my shelf, but a digital library would make supporting the game so much easier.

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
Ughh sorry using parents iPad but hopefully makes sense.

In related news, I think we’re well overdue for some more necromunda games, scenarios for campaign. If there’s interest can organise something in November?

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2019, 03:55:41 PM »
Sorry not been at club for a while. Id like to play a game in November :)

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 07:14:03 PM »
Set comes with a unique softcover rulebook which contains the Necromunda core rules and the rules for Enforcers and Corpse Grinders. It does not come with the hardcover, and supposedly the softcover includes the FAQ and errata which makes me think we'll see some new faq and errata soon.
It also comes with its own campaign which is a variation on the Dominion campaign (what we saw those cards for) which includes mechanics for scavenging and trying to find food. That's right, you have to not starve.
The box is massive, the terrain is modular and includes sockets for magnetizing. Its cross-compatible with sector mech terrain and the doors are removable even if you place something on-top of the doorway. It comes with a mat similar to ones that come in other box sets.
Everythign will be available individually later terrain and minis wise, PLUS they will be releasing hard plastic mortalis tiles!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk