Author Topic: Card roation  (Read 166 times)

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Card roation
« on: September 08, 2019, 06:15:17 PM »
I think this is a posivite
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/08/warhammer-underworlds-the-future-of-competitive-playgw-homepage-post-1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WHUFuture8Sept19&utm_content=WHUFuture8Sept19
Additionally, any cards reprinted in the two most recent seasons can still be used in your decks – even if they’re the versions first found in Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire. So, your Hold Objective cards are still valid, whether they’re displaying the horrifying artefacts of Beastgrave or the mysterious shadeglass relics of Shadespire in their art.

Mart

• View Profile
Re: Card roation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 07:25:22 PM »
I think that announcement has probably just killed underworlds for me. On the bright side,one less thing to collect I guess...

Creamywynch

• View Profile
    • Objective Secured
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »
Yeah I think it is a good thing for the game. Any card game needs cycling out of old cards to keep it fresh and not stop new players from coming into the game
My wargaming blog:- Objective Secured

Mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 07:49:09 PM »
It’s just with a limited hobby budget and time I’d rather not spend it on something that basically becomes trash every 12-18 months.

That combined with the fact I don’t seem to play it very often, or particularly care about being part of the competitive scene means it just doesn’t make sense for me anymore.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:59:26 PM by Mart »

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 09:24:09 PM »
They had to do something 1500 (so I've read) is a massive card pool to try to balance, all the good cards will probably be reprinted anyway.

Cookie Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 03:18:16 PM »
if I'm reading this right, this is just competitive play?

Cookie Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »
is there really 1500 cards now? ha ha.... I literally have no idea what I'm doing now - let alone if I had 1500 cards to choose from

Cookie Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 03:24:14 PM »
one thing I would say though, I loved underworlds when it was first out - I do feel I've lost control of it though as theres almost too much choice on stuff - also, ive never been good at calculating combos etc as I'm probably too casual in my approach to it. 

I liked the early version as you had about 50 objectives to pick from and about 50 upgrades.... I could deal with that  ;D

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 03:50:05 PM »
Yep that's why I like the idea of roation get rid of a 3rd of the universal cards save a lot of nastie.

The good cards will no doubt be reprinted but with better wording

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 10:57:42 AM »
I think its good, although I'm dreading having to reorganise my cards.

I don't feel to burned, the warbands and warband specific cards are still valid, as are the boards and tokens. I've just lost the option to use hundreds(?) of cards I wasn't using anyway, and hopefully the game will be more interesting, fresh, and generally better overall.

Beastgrave is still an Auto buy for me, I'd like to get back into underworlds and Necromunda once the 40k is out of the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk