Author Topic: Ben's Gaming Blog  (Read 596 times)

DocB

• Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Ben's Gaming Blog
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 10:13:06 PM »
Nearly fully painted a Great Unclean One tonight, so looks like I’m going down that route!! Don’t know if it’ll be the most competitive, but I’m hoping at least it’ll look good...
Grymkin 0/0/0 - Maggotkin 3/0/2 
M3E
Jack Daw 0/1/0 - Leviticus 2/0/0
<Super Secret 40K tech>
0/0/0

DocB

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 10:21:43 PM »
So,

Great Unclean One is done. Everything is done, apart from the Plague Drones - the trees themselves are done, they just need six painted bugs...I’ve given up on getting the Gnarlmaw done, so I’m just going to have to live going to learn how the army works without one.

Once the bugs and the GUO’s bell is done, I just need to add static grass to complete the effect, but I think that might be a 1am Saturday morning job...wouldn’t be the first time I’ve gone to an event with the glue still drying on the base!!

Looking ahead, I think the next things will be the Blight King’s & The Glottkin. I’m inclined to get the latter done first, it’ll be nice to do one big model rather than masses of rank & file. I really don’t want to have a Plaguebearer under my brush ever again.

Oh, yeah, the Plague Drones have riders. Balls.
M3E
<Super Secret 40K tech>
0/0/0

DocB

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 02:37:18 PM »
I bet you thought this was dead!

Yes, well, as many of you know I do have a tendency to have a massive spike in productivity and then it promptly dies again. But a few weeks have gone by and I'm back to planning what comes next. So;

Age of Sigmar - Well, we have a painted Daemons of Nurgle army, so I'm now looking to get to work on adding some mortals to the army! Namely, the Glottkin and about 20 Blight Kings. This particular part of the project is on standby at this particular moment in time until a) I get the contrast paint that works so fucking well on human flesh & b) I get my yearly injection of GW gift vouchers to buy 40 odd Maurauders & Plague Monks. Stay tuned on that front.

Oh, and Contrast paint is great for painting large amounts of models at speed (see the Plaguebearers) - however, word to the wise, it does leave gaps. Small gaps, but noticable gaps. I need to spend an afternoon going over my Daemon part of the Nurgle army just touching them up. An afternoon I'm not looking forward to....

40K - So, in preparation for our 40K tournament, I've been painting those Blo<THIS PARAGRAPH CONTAINS HERETICAL CONTENT AND HAS BEEN DELETED>

Warmachine - HAHAHAHAHA!

....but seriously, I'm painting my Grymkin. I have a plan! It actually fits in nicely with...

Malifaux - Ok, so, I've decided to stick with Outcasts for the next few months to learn the game with Leviticus. I'm looking at playing some Ressurectionists as well, purely to break up playing the same faction (or, more accurately, the same master because I fucking love Leviticus) constantly. I've got my eye on the Student Nationals in April 2020 and I'm hoping to play Malifaux there and then switching out to a new faction after that event as I suspect even I will be sick of Levi by then.

(For those interested, I think I'm going to either Arcanists or full on Ressers).

But, I need to start painting. Luke over at the Skirmish Wargamming YouTube channel has asked me to come on to play some games, but I can only do so with a painted crew. Now, whilst I have a painted Dr. McMourning crew, it is still missing a couple of models I need, so I'm planning on painting up Levi & a Seamus crew.

I've not been sure how to go about doing the Seamus crew - but I saw a paint scheme online of someone who did a Grymkin army in a Sin City style scheme of blacks & whites with emphasis on blood and eyes in bright colours and, since Seamus (for the unknowing, he's a mixture of Jack The Ripper & Batman's The Mad Hatter with a .50 calber flintlock....) gives off a massive horror movie feeling, I thought I'd do that with a small crew, may expanding it into more Ressers as time goes on.

It's not going to win me many prizes, but since there'll be plenty of Black/White/Red at least it'll meet 3 colour minimum painting requirements....

Until next time (and most likely Sunday when I do some building & painting once I get down to GW on Sunday to get some paints....)

B
M3E
<Super Secret 40K tech>
0/0/0

DocB

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »
<continuing from the above>

Although, thinking about it, Jack Daw could fit into the Horror movie theme as well....
M3E
<Super Secret 40K tech>
0/0/0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk