Author Topic: FAQ  (Read 1176 times)

Creamywynch

• View Profile
    • Objective Secured
FAQ
« on: October 04, 2018, 06:42:01 PM »
Interesting

Q: How do ploys that grant extra actions work?
A: Some ploy cards allow you to make extra actions
with your fighters. They can do so in two ways: either they specify an action or actions (e.g. Ready for Action – ‘Reaction: Play this after you upgrade a fighter in an action phase. They can make a Move or Attack action.’) or they allow a fighter an unspecified action (e.g. Time Trap – ‘Choose a fighter. They can take an action...’). When using cards like this, remember that actions and activations are different things, and while a Charge token means that you cannot activate that fighter, a ploy card that grants an extra action to a fighter is not an activation of that fighter.
When a ploy specifies an action, or actions, a fighter can make those actions even if the rules of the game would normally not allow it. In the case of Ready for Action,
a fighter could make a Move action even if they had a Move token.
When a ploy allows a fighter to make an action, but does not specify an action, the fighter cannot make an action that would not normally be allowed by the rules of the game. In the case of Time Trap, if the fighter chosen had a Move token, they could not make a Move or Charge action, as the rules forbid a fighter with a Move token from making a Move action (and a Charge action always includes a Move action). However, if the fighter had a Charge token, this ploy would still allow them to make any action, as a Charge token simply prevents that fighter from being activated.
My wargaming blog:- Objective Secured

Mart

• View Profile
Re: FAQ
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 07:46:49 PM »
GW need to get better at writing...

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »
More intresting (and flip of the old rule)
Q: When a fighter with a Move token, Charge token or Guard token is taken out of action, and returned to the battlefield in the same Action phase, do they still have those tokens?

A:  No.

And

March of the Dead (#62) Q: If a fighter, in a single action phase, makes a Move action, is taken out of action and returned to play, is it still considered to have made a Move action in that phase, even though it no longer has a Move token?
A:  Yes.

Seams a bit odd the token is removed but the fighter is considered to have move (so can move again I believe, with charging it's the token that prevents it.....)

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 01:39:45 PM »
I thought the above were already established rules to be honest. Cards trump rulebook, so for example if a card lets you charge, if you meet the cards specific criteria you can charge even if you already have a move token.

Models that were removed, and then brought back later e.g Clan Rats. We were keeping Inspired and Upgrades, but never bothered with move/charge tokens, was this wrong?

It's a bit odd, but I can see it might be an issue in some situations, if I can continually return a model, without penalty...perhaps we will be able to attack/remove our own models in future?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:42:09 PM by evil whoopas mk2 »

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »
Nevermind I didn't realise that time trap had its own different Faq previously.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk