Author Topic: Necromunda campaign rules  (Read 6184 times)

CarcerDrex

• View Profile
Re: Necromunda campaign rules
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2018, 02:46:57 PM »
Quick Q

How do melee weapons with 2" L range work (lash whip foe example) as as far as I can see you have to be b2b for close combat, so is the 2" essentially a ranged attack with the melee weapon ??
And do you have to roll ammo dice if using something like las cutter in melee ???

Thanks

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »
Does it have ‘versatile’ on its profile?

Versatile weapons can be used to make ranged attacks within a short range, and melee attacks in b2b.

Only example I can think of is the shock whip Escher can take. It’s a very situational ability. There was a question on the necromunda Facebook group about this the today.

Necromunda 2017 group

Never seen a law cutter, if it has an ammo characteristic then roll ammo die, otherwise don’t need too.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:39:56 PM by evil whoopas mk2 »

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »
If it's a ranged weapon even used in CC pistol you have to roll the amo dice.  And needs the meele or  pistol trait  to be used in CC you can't use a melee weapon to make ranged attack unless it has the versatile trait.

CarcerDrex

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2018, 07:16:41 PM »
Cheers guys

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »
WISIWIG is not fully required but strongly encouraged. A pistol weapon must be represented by a pistol, gravey weapons by a similar. Multiple CC weapons must be represented.
Painted gangs are encouraged.

Not sure how I missed this on the first read through. But will you be modelling up some "gravy weapons" for our campaign game on Friday Ian?
HAAC - Hobby At All Costs

Skeletor

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2018, 02:12:57 PM »
WISIWIG is not fully required but strongly encouraged. A pistol weapon must be represented by a pistol, gravey weapons by a similar. Multiple CC weapons must be represented.
Painted gangs are encouraged.

Not sure how I missed this on the first read through. But will you be modelling up some "gravy weapons" for our campaign game on Friday Ian?

AH bisto ! ;D could be a gravy thrower rather than a chem thrower which shoot's boiling gravy  :D
I'm skeletor!

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2018, 09:38:42 PM »
I'm to tired to come up with decent food/weapons crossover :'(

Is it KFC gravey? I heard that was banned in the underhive...only available in the spire.

I could paint brown puddles on the floor, or replace all Toxins and Gas with boiling hot gravy?

Or I could pour gravy Granules over a board use them for basing and texturing?

Gravey never leave home without it...

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 09:18:54 AM »
Preparing some 3D terrain for our game
HAAC - Hobby At All Costs

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »
Preparing some 3D terrain for our game

Cool

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2018, 07:41:53 PM »
Ok so the Campaign has now officially kicked off, this first Cycle will run until the 24th August, the seocnd Cycle will then start and run until the 22nd September.

I'll post notes here if anyone has questions feel free to ask  :)

- The Campaign is broken into Turf Wars which are further bnroken up into Cycles, our first Turf war, starts now and ends on the 22nd. You could consider this Turf War to be a prologue of things to come, and chance to get comfortable with the rules/gang composition/etc. You should aim to play 1 game per cycle as minimum.

- Yon can join the campaign at any time, with a 1000 credit gang.

- You can retire your gang and start a new one at the end of a cycle.

- You can play a campaign game against someone who isn't currently in the campaign, if your opponenet agrees. You can gain xp/injuries etc, but you must declare this is what your doing at the start of the game.

- Format for the first Turf War is 'Dome rush' from Gang war 3. Gangs count thier turf as 1, and can never gain new turf, instead if you gain turf from a scenario you receive  D6 X 50 credits, additionaly items in the trading post have their rarity reduced by 2.

- On 22nd Sept I've booked the hall for a day of open gaming, with the aim of running a special finale game for our first turf war in the afternoon.  I'm not planning on any structured gaming in the morning but, I hope it provides opportunity for people to get games in if they can't make it to Fridays. Or maybe earn some extra xp, before the big showdown.

Otherwise all rules as per gang wars/rulebook/faq etc.

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 08:53:26 AM »
Quick Monday update...

The current campaign we're running now will last until December, I'd like to start a new campaign next year.

Current Turf War will go into downtime on the 14th until 28th September, when a new cycle will start.

Downtime is like putting the campaign on pause, basically you can't play campaign games. We can play side battles (the more unusual arbitrated scenarios).
Gangs don't gain rep,income, or rewards. There may be special or unique rewards from the scenario. Fighters gain exp, and suffer injuries, but never go into recovery, anyone in recovery when downtime starts automatically leaves recovery.

Downtime also presents an opportunity, for anyone to correct errors, make minor changes to their gangs, or refresh their gang, please pm if this is something you want to do, I'm open to pretty much anything.

I'd like to arbritate a downtime side battle on the 14th, I'll put a post on the book a game tab, if anyones interested feel free to put your name down  :)

Finally next years campaign will probally be a Dominion campaign using fresh gangs. I' d like to book a another 1 day event, or organise a club night event to kick it off. I'm thinking about a February/March Start date. I'm anticipating two campaigns next year each one lasting about 4 months. This is all subject to change though.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:07:49 AM by evil whoopas mk2 »

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2018, 11:21:58 AM »
Please also note that any income you get by default is once per cycle, I think we've missed this on most gangs.

I'll also belatedly point out that the first cycle ended in August, we're currently on the second, which ends on the 14th Sep. Cycle 3 starts on the 28th.

A house gang gets 10 credits per turf, after the first game per cyclce, from the second cycle onwards. So every Houses gang should have earned 10 credits from this, plus remmeber since we're playing a dome rush everytime a house gang takes turf you earn d6x10 credits, but you don't gain Turf. You just scavenge and move on.

Every little helps  :)

CarcerDrex

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2018, 08:16:47 PM »
Are we not meant to generate income after each game then?  (may have read the above wrong)
If not I'd say that makes a big difference

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 09:52:56 PM »
Are we not meant to generate income after each game then?  (may have read the above wrong)
If not I'd say that makes a big difference

No, we're supposed to receive income after the the first game of the second cycle, then the first game of every cycle after. Your Rep based income might be different I'd have to double check, but I would bet its the same. 

I wasn't going to worry about it at this point. I think its just us not knowing the rules, and poor organisation on my part, I should have made the meaning of the cycles clearer, so sorry for that. I think its unfair to take away, so we'll let the gangs run as they are. There will be opportunity for people to  get a cash injection, over downtime, should hopefully balance it out, plus it will gives us a chance to experiment with some new toys, which I'm looking forward too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk