Author Topic: FAO Ian: Couple of rules questions for the campaign  (Read 2193 times)

CarcerDrex

• View Profile
FAO Ian: Couple of rules questions for the campaign
« on: August 12, 2018, 03:39:44 PM »
Just want to clear up a couple of points in case it makes a difference further down the line and they don't seem to be clear in the rules.

This was discussed briefly on Friday, but as our gangs reputation grows we can begin to be able to add hangers on and additional champions, but what happens if the gang reputation drops?

(1) Hangers on states you must remove them from the roster, but does that mean you loose them completely or they go into limbo and get re-added to your roster for no additional cost once your reputation increases again

(2) Champions don't seem to have the same rule, so if your reputation drops do you keep the champion on your roster, similar if you lost gangers or similar and the ratio to champs/leader is off do you keep the champions on the roster but you have to add gangers to the roster to make up the numbers as soon as possible

-------------------

Second I know I've mentioned this to you before about if you can give gangers/hunters items with a high rarity value, but as far as I can see in the rules as long as the item is of a type they could be given (pistol, special etc) they can still be given them from your stashed weapons regardless of its rarity

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: FAO Ian: Couple of rules questions for the campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
Can you stash weapons?
Isnt there a rule that "fighters never give up their weapons". Or is that just for swoping weapons? But then how do weapons go into stash? If you have to buy weapons for fighters, then moving them into stash, then giving them to another fighter is just a long winded swop??

Dont have a clue about other Qs
HAAC - Hobby At All Costs

CarcerDrex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 05:18:25 PM »
Can you stash weapons?
Isnt there a rule that "fighters never give up their weapons". Or is that just for swoping weapons? But then how do weapons go into stash? If you have to buy weapons for fighters, then moving them into stash, then giving them to another fighter is just a long winded swop??

Dont have a clue about other Qs

I thought they couldn't but the last line of opening text on the trading post where it talks about stashed weapons it says

"Should any fighter purchase new Wargear, old Wargear may be added to the Stash"

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 05:39:18 PM »
That's wargear, weapons are different.

CarcerDrex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
That's wargear, weapons are different.

Ahh yes fair point so the stashing and reassigning (to swap weapons) is prob a no no, and actually you can have equipment set that I hadn't realised so you could have more than normally allowed number of weapons on a model as long as stuffs devided into diff sets

I was more concerned with the higher rarity stuff with that Q so I could for arguments sack search the trading post, get rarity 9 and buy a web pistol that then goes into my stash, & from that stash you can take the pistol and give it to a hunter who can have pistols and couldn't buy it himself as he only normally has access to rarity 8 or lower

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 07:51:38 PM »
- When you buy a weapon from your houselist/trading posts, it goes into your gangs stash, also tems from dead, or retired fighters can also be potentially added to the stash. Items in the stash then be equipped by any elligble fighter. Fighters cannot swap weapons this is clearly stated in the rules.

- Champions and Leaders have access to different loadouts, this basically means that they can multiple fighter cards that represent the same model, each card would be consitent in terms of characteristics/advancements but can have different weapons or wargear. These are included in your gang rating.

-You don't buy weapons for fighters you buy them for the stash. Equiping fighters is a separate step.

[/quote]

I was more concerned with the higher rarity stuff with that Q so I could for arguments sack search the trading post, get rarity 9 and buy a web pistol that then goes into my stash, & from that stash you can take the pistol and give it to a hunter who can have pistols and couldn't buy it himself as he only normally has access to rarity 8 or lower
[/quote]

To paraphrase what I said on facebook, no . Fighters can only equip weapons or wargear according in their gang list, so if it says a Hunter can only equip items up to rarity 8, he can only equip items up to rarity 8. You don't have to opt for rarity 9 you could buy something lower, it doesn't matter who buys it. As it says in the age related training video I have to watch at work, this would be a proxy sale and against the law lol.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 08:38:39 PM by evil whoopas mk2 »

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 07:58:46 PM »
The above

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 08:02:11 PM »
Just want to clear up a couple of points in case it makes a difference further down the line and they don't seem to be clear in the rules.

This was discussed briefly on Friday, but as our gangs reputation grows we can begin to be able to add hangers on and additional champions, but what happens if the gang reputation drops?

(1) Hangers on states you must remove them from the roster, but does that mean you loose them completely or they go into limbo and get re-added to your roster for no additional cost once your reputation increases again

(2) Champions don't seem to have the same rule, so if your reputation drops do you keep the champion on your roster, similar if you lost gangers or similar and the ratio to champs/leader is off do you keep the champions on the roster but you have to add gangers to the roster to make up the numbers as soon as possible

-------------------

Second I know I've mentioned this to you before about if you can give gangers/hunters items with a high rarity value, but as far as I can see in the rules as long as the item is of a type they could be given (pistol, special etc) they can still be given them from your stashed weapons regardless of its rarity

1- My assumption was that you would have to pay for  replacement hangers on, their freelancers not 'loyal' to the gang so if the gang faces bad times and loses rep they will leave and move on. You would have to hire a new one. Until I find anything in the rules faq to contradict this its what I'm going with.

2- Your Champions won't leave if your rep drops. This is correct, if your gang doesn't have the required number of gangers for example you can only hire gangers until this is not the case.

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 08:26:20 PM »
Fair warning having read the GW4 book I'd say its very likely that after September we will be moving onto the Dominion campaign system. I would like for there to be some sort of continuity, from our current games, and the event in September, but it may be nessercary for us to start new gangs.

There is the option to do a splinter gang (you nominate a champion within your current gang to be the leader of a new gang). Theres no reason why you can't start a 'new'gang with the same names etc. Since we haven't been playing to long hopefully people won't feel like they missing out to much if it is required.

I've only had the book today so still trying to absorb it, but I think it offers a better framework, but I need to keep reading.

Either way we'll keep going as we are until the 22nd, then probally take a break, then start the next turf war.

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »

1- My assumption was that you would have to pay for  replacement hangers on, their freelancers not 'loyal' to the gang so if the gang faces bad times and loses rep they will leave and move on. You would have to hire a new one. Until I find anything in the rules faq to contradict this its what I'm going with.

Just had a quick search of the Facebook group, the general rule is you have to pay to re-hire.

In the end Ian's the arbitrator it's up to him.

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 10:56:39 PM »
Shame, my gangs just starting to get exciting  :)

I've been working on an Inq28 themed narrative gang. Will playing 2 gangs be ok in new campaign system?

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 11:37:57 PM »
Shame, my gangs just starting to get exciting  :)

I've been working on an Inq28 themed narrative gang. Will playing 2 gangs be ok in new campaign system?

I might just see how things stand after September. I would like to keep as much as possible, but it would be preferable start from a relatively even playing field, if  new starters would like to join. We may carry on as we are now and let this cycle run its course, then start afresh in the future, maybe after xmas. Perhaps some people will get some nercomunda from farther xmas?

I hadn't considered two gangs, to be honest I don't think its intended, however I don't think it would be a major problem if we had a couple. Plus rule of cool.

If your happy to do the extra bookeeping thats fine. Its like a map based campaign, basically every game we fight for one of a fixed number of territories. Each territory has 'perks' for the controller. You could end up playing more games than other people, since your defending/claiming territory for two separate gangs, but time limits are flexible.

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
Oh i didnt realise it was a map campaign. Not sure it will work, cant see the Inquisition fighting for a piece of underhive.

Not really fussed about restart, was just being facetious :)
It will allow me to fix my champion issue.

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 10:08:08 AM »
But no one expects the inquisition  l

evil whoopas mk2

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 01:26:11 PM »
Ok cool. An inquistion sound perfect for what we've talked about previously.  :)

If your running a WD gang you count as a house (venators get to choose), this is only relevant for certain territories which provide an enhanced boon if held by a particualr house.

So GSC count as Orlock, and both Orlock and GSC gain an enhanced boon from holding Tunnels. It sounds odd but the bonuses seem quite in character with the gangs.

There will be opportunity for playing special side missions, they won't effect territory, credits , or rep but will get exp/injuries, and a special reward for the victors.

There is also a new rule in GW4 re Tactics cards. If your using them you need a minimum of 8, with no duplicates. 'This is to make sure that if a scenario requires you to draw randomly there is a random element'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk