Author Topic: Paints and brushes  (Read 1117 times)

newton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Paints and brushes
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:08:12 PM »
Realised today that all my paints and brushes are at least twice as old as Alex, some even predate me moving to Shrewsbury.

So I was wondering what paints and brushes other people use.

Mart

• View Profile
Re: Paints and brushes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
I predominantly use GW and a few Army Painter and Vallejo paints. As for brushes I’ve recently started using these from Amazon: 6 Pieces Detail Paint Brush Set Miniature Brushes for Watercolor and Acrylic Painting (Wine Red) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ARMLLB2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4a3EAb7YP8E44

They are pretty cheap and good to use, they also do versions with alternative style handles, but I’m not too keen.

If I wasn’t already committed to GW paints for colour schemes on some of my armies I’d switch to Vallejo game colour completely. It’s just a shame they don’t colour match the GW range better.

Stoned Troll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 03:04:05 PM »
There's a model shop upstairs in the Parade that has a bunch of different brushes and mostly enamel style paints; and, a new games shop on Castle street - just up from the castle - which do army painter/vallejo paints.

redgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 03:14:15 PM »
There's a model shop upstairs in the Parade that has a bunch of different brushes and mostly enamel style paints; and, a new games shop on Castle street - just up from the castle - which do army painter/vallejo paints.

The shop on Castle Street is Big Orbit who used to be in the riverside.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk