Author Topic: 40K Tournament discussion 2017  (Read 2800 times)

Jumping monkey

• View Profile
Re: 40K Tournament discussion 2017
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 06:18:49 pm »
The list is really good hard counter to the gun lines with reroll bubbles that are usually not mobile . The celexus makes you bs 6 shooting them and your opponent will make sure they are the closest model.  It's just exploiting the character rule. Also shuts down smite spam .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumping monkey

• View Profile
40K Tournament discussion 2017
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 06:20:09 pm »
It also stops your units split being able to split fire as you can only target the closest character. Of course there are loads of lists it won't do well against

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spider pig

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 09:44:59 pm »
Jas what the heck does this mean

If your army keyword shares the same keyword then troop choices have the objective secured special rule

Shares it with what? what is an ''army keyword''? should it read, 'if your entire army shares a keyword then your troops have objective secured'?

What if i dont care about objective secured? can i take orks lead by 2 greater daemons? or is the basic premis must be battleforged and share at least 1 keyword?

Does 'Imperium' count? because if so the corps botherers can take what ever they want and still have objective secured whilst 'wackin one out' over a golden throne.....
“I hate you. I say that not out of anger but simply as a fact. It’s 67 degrees outside, and I hate you.”
Roger the alien.

Space rape....

moonsmite

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 10:06:49 pm »
On August 9, 2017, the Warhammer Community site introduced the Objective Secured rule. Since Chapter Approved is still forthcoming, Games Workshop clarified for us which Factions gain Objective Secured for the ITC community.

If your army is Battle-forged, all Troops units in <Faction> Detachments gain the Objective Secured rule, so long as every unit in a detachment has the same faction keyword from the following list: Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Deathwatch, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Ministorum, Asuryani, Drukhari, Harlequins, Chaos Daemons, Renegades & Heretics, Thousand Sons, Death Guard, Necrons, T’au Empire, Orks, <Hive Fleet>, and Genestealer Cults.

Troops units with Objective Secured that are within range of an objective marker (as specified in each mission’s rules) control it even if there are more enemy models within range of it. If an enemy unit within range of an objective marker has a similar ability, then it is controlled by the player who has the most models within range as normal.

Note: Codex: Grey Knights, Codex: Chaos Space Marines, and Codex: Space Marines are explicitly not covered by Objective Secured because their Codexes provide a similar rule (i.e. Defenders of Humanity).

But instead of being detachment wide. Made it army wide. (else just making a detachment of object secure would play around this)

Also cant lead orks with greater daemons as they don't share any keywords
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:19:07 am by moonsmite »
Necrons in 8th(before codex): too many losses to count
Necrons in 8th(after codex): 19-14

spider pig

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 03:39:07 pm »

so every detachment must share a key word with every other detachment?

That's battle forged right?
“I hate you. I say that not out of anger but simply as a fact. It’s 67 degrees outside, and I hate you.”
Roger the alien.

Space rape....

moonsmite

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 03:43:38 pm »
must share the faction key word for the objective secured

just need to share a keyword for battle forged.

for orks it makes no difference,

though in example of imperium, you can have a guard hq with ultramarine troops, with grey knight elites and such. That would share a key word for battle forged. but wouldn't share the faction keyword for object secured
Necrons in 8th(before codex): too many losses to count
Necrons in 8th(after codex): 19-14

x

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 12:34:16 am »
cullexus are hard to hit so they block for others

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk