Author Topic: Annual club elections 2017  (Read 1786 times)

Creamywynch

• View Profile
    • Objective Secured
Annual club elections 2017
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:54:45 pm »
Hey folks. It is now time for the annual club elections for the commitee. There are 5 positions up for nomination:- Chairman, Treasurer, 40k event organiser,  KOW event organiser & Social Secretary.
The social secretary has changed its remit slightly from previous years. As part of our drive to promote the club and bring in new members, the committee decided the social secretary would be responsible for promoting and getting the word out about the club through social media (we have a Facebook page and twitter account) as well as any other media that would be relevant. We would also like the two tournament organisers to look after/organise the quarterly free themed gaming nights (we just had the first one in celebration of the launch of 8th ed 40k)

Please post your interest below and I will update the thread with the nominations. Voting will take place on the 4th August for a week, which gives people time to view the thread and think about if they would like to take on any of the positions.

Chairman

Nathaniel

Treasurer

Dave

Event Organiser (40k +)

Jason
Ben

Other Event Organiser (KOW +)

Neil

Social Secretary

Archie

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:01:54 am by Creamywynch »
My wargaming blog:- Objective Secured

moonsmite

• View Profile
Re: Annual club elections 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:02:39 am »
Would like to put my name down for 40k advent organiser
Necrons in 8th(before codex): too many losses to count
Necrons in 8th(after codex): 19-14

Mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:59:50 am »
What about an age of sigmar event, we have a few players now and I've seen more games of AoS at the club in recent times than KoW.

DocB

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 10:09:49 am »
I'd also like to put my name down for 40k event organiser.

I'd like to nominate, if he's willing, Archie for social secretary.

Rather than an Age of Sigmar event organiser, why not an "Other Events Organiser" who can both run & co-ordinate with others for smaller systems?
They Call Me Kairos....Still!

Cryx 0/0/0 - Newb smashing army
Grymkin 0/0/0 - Current Tournament army
Nighthaunt 0/0/0 - Painting project
Maggotkin 0/0/0 - League Army

(Started 17/8/2018

Mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 10:20:20 am »
I'd also like to put my name down for 40k event organiser.

I'd like to nominate, if he's willing, Archie for social secretary.

Rather than an Age of Sigmar event organiser, why not an "Other Events Organiser" who can both run & co-ordinate with others for smaller systems?

Sounds like it could work to me, it would just need to be someone with quite a broad knowledge of the smaller played games.

moonsmite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 10:29:00 am »
To be Fair, the other games organiser is a good idea and would be happy for that to be a position. Especially with aiming to get more members, should be able to accommodate as much as we can

Creamywynch

• View Profile
    • Objective Secured
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 07:47:19 pm »
Happy to change the role if that is the general feeling. The reason it was KOW was because that was the switch game over from fantasy that everyone was playing. I think it would be good that the 40k tourney organiser take on some of the responsibility for smaller games too, not just the 'other games' organiser. The two positions are titled that way as it is a commitment by the club to run those two tournaments at the minimum , there is no reason why there can't be more run over the year (and indeed I hope there will be more tourneys, as well as game days, event evenings that will be organised, as I think it is a great thing that everyone enjoys, as well as bringing new players into the club).

Changing subject slightly, I will put myself forward to be chairman again for the coming year :)

Starscream

• Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 12:33:00 pm »
Thanks for nomination Ben. Im willing to stand, but im happy to support anyone else interested in the role.
HAAC - Hobby At All Costs

Cookie Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 10:11:02 am »
'other games organiser' sounds sensible

tbh a KOW tourney kind of runs itself and I would be happy carrying on doing that one so its one less the 'other games organiser' has to worry about. 

it would be good to do multiple events..... the old 2 a year 40k and fantasy model is probably a bit outdated given how much the hobby has changed in recent years.

moonsmite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 10:25:47 am »
with 2 game types in 40k and the aim to increase members. a points tournament and power points scenario day has been going on the back of my head.

Also managed to find my old tournament organizing software. so would make running the events easier for pairing. Though it bases tie breakers on who you beat not how badly you beat them. So beating someone who wins all their other games is worth more than someone who only wins one game.

x

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 12:37:55 am »
put me up for treasurer

Creamywynch

• View Profile
    • Objective Secured
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 06:27:08 am »
Ok everyone. Nominations are now closed. I will post up another thread to cater for the voting. All positions with one nomination will be automatically filled, and the only Poll is for the position of 'events organiser (40k), which is between Jason and Ben. Please go over to the appropriate thread and cast your vote. Thanks to everyone who has put their names forward :)

Creamywynch

• View Profile
    • Objective Secured
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 01:23:26 pm »
The final poll is noww closed. The commitee positions are:-

Chairman- Nathaniel
Treasurer - Dave
Social Secretary- Archie
Events organiser (40+) - Jason
Events organiser (KOW+) - Neil

Thanks all for volunteering. We shall have a meeting soon to discuss plan so for the next year etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk